Arana Sports Incorporated (Arana Sports Inc.) is a non – profit organisation representing nine sporting organisations on Brisbane’s Northside.
Arana Sports Inc. has a commitment to:
- promoting junior sport through healthy and active youth
- establishing pathways for youth to gain more competencies and longevity in their chosen sport(s)
- engaging in and strengthening valuable partnerships with the community, local business and service organisations, the education sector, government agencies and the media
- integrating sport, recreation, education and the environment.
Arana Sports is providing support to the community through the creation of an active arana model, where local clubs and schools, members of the community and local political representatives can work together to provide a better community for our youth.
Arana Sports Inc provides ongoing support for the following Clubs located in and around the Arana area:
- West Arana Hills Rugby League Football Club
- Arana Ascot Hockey Club
- Arana Netball Club
- Arana Touch Football Club
- Westside Sports Club
- Arana Little Athletics
- Waratahs Sporting Club
- Ferny District Cricket Club
- Grovely Gators Swimming Club
- West Arana Hills Old Boys Association
‘Get Started’ registered All our clubs in Arana Sports are registered for ‘Get Started’ vouchers
– more information go visit here
Arana Sports promotes – Positive or it’s pointless
The campaign aims to reduce poor and unacceptable player, spectator and parent behaviour.
The basic principles reinforced through Positive or it’s pointless are:
- sport for children is a vital part of their growing up
- children like to win, but more importantly, they want to have fun
- parents need to set the right example at the sports ground, not just at home
- parents should be proud of their child’s effort, irrespective of the result
- sport is important to children’s self esteem.